Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I survived!!!!!!

Ok....I survived the San Antonio 1/2 marathon! I can't believe it! What an experience. Now let me give you a WARNING...the pictures below aren't too pretty! We were running our hearts out and a little of my chub was jiggling, no make up or slightly fixed hair!!! I had my eyes on the finish and I had many prayers along the way. Hillary and I ran the whole way and finished just shy of 3 hours. Ya'll...I can't even type without getting tears in my eyes...our support, encouragement and prayers were so overwhelming. I am still in awe of what God has allowed me to accomplish. In February of last year I could not run 2 minutes without stopping! Thanks Sara, Kinsey and Rishanne for taking your pregnant selves to run the streets of San Antonio and cheer us on, feed us pasta and bananas, photograph us and drag us home! Everyone of your prayers, emails, and phone calls touched my heart so much. I love you all.

Team Fabulous Support crew! ( Julie and Jill not pictured)
Hillary and I pre-race

Getting our numbers and timing chips!

There we go.....See Mile marker 8?

Hillary and I post race....a bit unstable feeling!

Team Fabulous...Hot and Tired! But very excited.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am soooooooooooo proud of you! That is Awesome. I'm hoping to be able to join y'all next year!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

WOW, congratulations on your race! I am super-impressed by anyone who can run long distances. Definitely NOT me! :)
Carrie

sara said...

Way to go!!!!!! That is amazing.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you, girl!That was Awesome.
I don't know how you did it.
Three hours running-Wow!
I know y'all were tired but were on cloud nine.
Now the next time you come to see your Mom, you can run over here to my house to see me!!!

Carrie said...

Yeah for you! I couldn't wait for your post! I was getting worried, but I knew you girls could do it! Congratulations! This is so exciting!

Hillary said...

I am so proud. The Lord is so good and you are such a blessing in my life. Here's to the next 13 miles! Love you girl!

Sandel said...

that is so awsome!!! You guys even make it look fun :) Cute shirts and a goodlooking team.

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

way to go!!! now run on up here!

Jill said...

I too am proud, but I had no doubt you could and would do it!! I just have to say, that you and Hillary MIGHT want to be careful with that support team. You are the only 2 in the picture at the race who are not pregnant!! I hope you weren't drinking the same water as them. HaHa!!

Liz Harrell said...

Wow.... good for you guys! That's impressive.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Very impressive.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Lacy!

cherry said...

Girl you are my hero...that is awesome! I have not been by in awhile...had a lovely catch up visit! cherry

MamaBird said...

Wooohoooo! Congratulations! I am so impressed...wish I could get motivated to do some running.

Lacie said...

Wow... 13 miles... I couldn't do it! What an amazing accomplishment! Congrats to you and Hill!

Gretchen said...

GIRL!!!!
I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!

And, pa-lease about the 'I don't look so good afterward' pics. You look GREAT! Are you sure you had just done 13+ miles?

What a sweet group of supporters, too.
I was laughing b/c the other 'runners' in your pic look like they were all walking, but you! You were like the guy on Chariots of Fire!

Wish I could hug your neck and give you a medal!

Anonymous said...

You go girl! You looked fabulous after all of that! Im sweating for ya~

Serendipity said...

Way to go!

Shannon said...

Way to go!!! Cute shirts!

Nicole said...

I am very impressed! I think the last time I ran anywhere was in High School! About the Christmas Card, you do get everything that is included in the kit. I did all of mine with photoshop. I don't know if your familiar with digital scrapbooking at all but, that's pretty much what it is. You might want to watch some of the tutorials on the Shabby Princess sight and see what you think before you buy the kit. If you have a picture that you want made into a christmas card, you are welcome to e-mail it to me and I could make it into the card you want and e-mail it back to you. Then you just save it onto a disk and print it at Walmart. I bought the professional kit, so I wouldn't feel bad about using it for someone besides myself. I don't know if any of this makes any sense at all, let me know!

Sada said...

Lacy,
I am sooooo proud of you. You have committed, followed through, and conquered!! What an accomplishment. God is so good and you have been so humble to give Him the glory. I prayed for you that whole weekend. I even bragged about you in my SS class!!

I seriously must have one of those shirts as well!!

It was wonderful seeing you last night. Can't wait to see you at bunco xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm so motivated by you! You ARE Team Fabulous.

spanki said...

great job! i can't run to the mail box! i was laughing tonight at the program, heath and i were saying that we hope you fed poor little maddie a protein shake before they hop hop skipped, her little legs next to pacen's looked so cute! she had to jump over time to keep up and she did great! she has here mothers determination!!! what a cuttie!