Friday, August 22, 2008
A bittersweet night
Wow!!! It has almost been 10 days since my last post. I bet I lost all of my readers!!! I have been in the twilight zone!!! I went from cool, calm and collective to the fast and furious. I started back to work this week and school begins on Monday. This is always a very exciting time and yet also very overwhelming. You wouldn't think going back to school after being spoiled with a summer break would be so bad. But it is like any diet or excercize routine....your off for a bit and getting back on is so much harder!!! I am looking forward to a fantastic year of teaching and the Lord has blessed me beyond anything I could imagine with precious co-workers, a school a mile away, healthy family, husband now working in the same district, I could go on and on. At the same time that I feel joy, I also feel in over my little head. After the first two weeks its pretty much a super feeling of relief....an I can do this sorta feeling!!! I ask for prayer for me and my many friends as we venture into a scary world to be a light to so many children. Please pray that we will have an open mind, a warm smile, a loving touch and a wise word to so many precious babies. I also pray for and ask for a prayer for all of the students going back to school. Change is always a little scary for all of us. Thanks to anyone who took the time to read my ramblings. I know this is quite the boring blog. But I really hope to be back in action of decorating and painting very quickly! Dont give up on me yet!I pray that you are well this day also. As silly as it may sound....I feel that the Lord has laid it on my heart right now this night to pray for each of you. If you would like an extra prayer or have something on your heart please let me know...I would love to lift your name or request to the Lord. I believe in prayer in a mighty way and feel that the least I can do is return the favor as I ask for your prayers. God Bless you this night.
Sweet friends told
Lacy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
how sweet! I would like prayer to for my "non-certified" teacher position I hold. It is only Mother's Day out (or WEE as the call it -- Weekly Early Education), but I hold myself to a high standard to teach, love, and prepare these young children. Their parents have entrusted me to do so. Prayers for wisdom, knowledge, and positive attitude. God is good. I am praying for you too xoxo
I should correct my grammer -- I should have spelled it "too" not "to"...
I will pray for you as you begin this next school year. I know that you will be the sweet spirit that the children look forward to seeing each year.
i hope you are okay, I was a little freaked out this morning when hyou werent there, but things happen...I am just sad u wont be doing it anymore, but that is just how life works out, we cant control life..it just happen
have a good weekend
ko
aahhhh...I remember how bittersweet the start of the school year can be. You are right...it is difficult to get back into the swing of things after summer vacation, but I know you will do great. I know that those kiddos are very blessed to have such a loving, dedicated, and sweet-spirited person as you as their teacher. I'll be praying for you as you start up the school year.
Love, Robin
You have such a special prayer heart. We will pray for you as you go back to work. Don't worry, we would never leave you. Such is life. I know I need a 10 day blog break. :)
I wish you could have been at my church tonight!
I am going to send you the video!
Love you! Praying for the calming of your spirit!
love u
Kyley
The concert sounds like a great idea, let's do it.
We're sending our prayers your way too. You don't have to be perfect..just be you..the kids are so blessed to have you!
Amen!
How touching to know that others (who we've never even met, face to face) are praying for us.
Please add me to the list of excited- overwhelmed-first-week-of-school-teacher list.
I love it, but you are right, it is very humbling to know we have such an opportunity right at our feet everyday to shine for Him.
Post a Comment