Thursday, August 14, 2008

YO..!%!#^&!#!*^$#!* Yo what???


Yo Gabba Gabba!!!!
You are either saying huh or oh ya! Yo Gabba Gabba ..... wheww......not so sure what I think about Gabba Gabba. This is a show on Nick and if you have children above age ..I dont know 10 you'll never have to experience this chaos! This show has a very odd way of grabbing my 4 and 6 years old attention. The music and dancing is ...well....... interesting to say the least. The crazy characters teach dance steps such as jump and step....jump and step! Sharing chants that you cant get out of your head........like No. dont. take. it . away. dont. just. take. it. away. (Repeat 40 thousand times!!!) Counting and manners are involved.....but I feel a bit nervous when this crazy biz is on tv. I just cant seem to to tell them this is insanely crazy and I cant get the beats out of my head. Just wanted to see if I was crazy or what your opinion was. Good thing there is a little help from zoloft because I will probably be incorporating some of these catchy color songs in my pre-kindergarten this year. Can't you just see me wrapping to my kids and saying, "Now boys and girls LETS BREAK IT DOWN.....No. No. Dont. Take. it. away. No. No. Take. it. away. ????
I may need Calgon to take me away or else men in white coats from the crazy hospital.
Maybe Gabba Gabba and friends will cure the 20 crying sweeties missing their mommies next week when they first experience life at school!!!!!!!

15 comments:

Kristen said...

I.HATE.THAT.SHOW.

It was actually one I banned in our house - it was that weird to me. But the best thing I did all summer was cancel our Dish so there is no TV at all for them except for videos now and then.

(And then my mom DVR's all the junk I like to watch and then I go over to her house to watch it when the kids are alseep!)

Chris said...

I've never seen the show, and I think I hate it. My youngest is (almost) 6, so maybe we've lucked out. The only show I ever banned was Barnie Barney? because he's a creepy freak. However, this show may have made that list too! :)

ko said...

I havent seen it! :) TO funny though!
have you guys watched nims island! IT IS THE BEST!

Celly B said...

Ewww. I do not like Yo Gabba Gabba. I do not like it in my house. I would not watch with a mouse. I would not watch it here or there; I would not watch it anywhere! You get the idea!

I had to laugh, though, because you got the chants just right.

Sada said...

I think the same thing.....WEIRD!!! How in the world did the creator of that show get a deal with nickelodeon??? What were the producers thinking?? Bizarre......

cherry said...

I have never seen this show.....thank goodness. I have a 10 yr. old so it is all about Disney and The suite life of Zack and cody yada yada. I know what you mean about things getting stuck in your head like that though. I have been toying with canceling tv. all together for awhile. Thanks so much for coming and visiting me! cherry

Carrie said...

I have never seen this show. I can't believe it b/c it seems like the TV has been on all summer! I remember when Garet was very little (11 yrs. ago) and we saw Teletubbies for the first time and I thought, " That is the dumbest show! It will NEVER make it! What were the creators smokin?" And it turned HUGE. You never know now days! Where is good ole Tom and Jerry?

Shannon said...

The little boy I keep loves this show!!! You are right though, I find the sayings running through my head often. :) I think it is a remake from a show in the 60's? That is what I heard.

Sheree said...

You are the best PRE K teacher to help with crying babies! You are awesome and God will help you help them. I am glad that I don't have to watch that show? You have got me curious though?! Too busy moving to watch tv at all. see you soon....can't believe summer is over, how depressing is this going to be. VERY! my baby is out of ELEMENTARY and Jared has ONE more year until JR. High? oh my! Pray for me.

Laura said...

Ok...strange show, I do agree. The ONE episode we watched/recorded had Tony Hawk in it. he was only in it for like 6 seconds but the one thing we got out of the episode was, "wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, G0! wiggle, wiggle, wiggle GO! HOLD STIIIILLL! wiggle, wiggle wiggle GO!" (repeat 40 times) The girls love to play this game without the show. Believe it or not, my girls prefer Sesame Street, Reading Rainbow and Mr. Rogers! Weird huh?

MamaBird said...

"Yo what???"...my thoughts exactly! I don't know this show, but it seems that the wonderful world of children's programming is, well, interesting (in a somewhat strange, and occasionally disturbing way) to say the very least! ;)

Love, Robin

P.S. Good luck with the crying sweeties next week...I hope all goes well...I know you'll do a super job with them :)

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

If the men in white coats, take you away, I will make sure I come with you and we can make a girls day out of it.:)

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

You'll have to wash your brain out with soap! Thankfully Kelsey didn't like Barney, the Smurfs or Teletubbies.. whew! and he mostly missed the real rap too. You could teach 'em the State Capitols in Yo Yo Gabba Gabba speak and they'll never forget 'em!

Kim said...

You know I'm watching that mess with all my kids - does that main character not remind you of a chester?? Really freaky - but your right, the songs are way to catchy . . . , how about, "there's a party in my tummy, sooo yummy, so yummy . . ."

Gretchen said...

I personally find that show, um ....

FREAKISH!

I know I'm gonna step on some toes when I say this, but:
It ranks right up there in freakville with the Doodlebops.

Please, someone tell the producers that this retro 70's thing has got to go!!!!!