Monday, July 7, 2008

Furniture gets 2nd chance!

Here is my 13 year old (Yikes!!) kitchen table. This table has been through many, many meals, projects, and studying. I have been searching for 5 years for the perfect priced, white round table and well since I am doing the Dave Ramsey budget.......a coat of paint is way more in my blow money than a new table! I sanded the table and chairs and wiped them down with a damp rag. I then had my sweet hubby spay( thanks for that :) with his cool, fast high tech sprayer, a coat of black paint. I then distressed them. I am a bit worried that I got carried away with the distressing! I am not sure if I want less distress or not????? But I do love the look and it totally changes the look of my kitchen.......although it did not make my cabinets look better. They are awful and I hope to give them a second chance at life very soon.




This is the wall in my kitchen that inspired the black table

18 comments:

Jana Corley said...

It looks great!! Good job!

teresa said...

Oh Lacy! I love the table and I think the distressing is perfect. Keep up the good work!

ko said...

GREAT JOB! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! IT LOOKS AWESOME!

spanki said...

wow lacy, look at you go! where do you get all of your energy?? i love the table, invitation and canvas! you are SO creative! keep it up, i love to come back and see more, you inspire me and my lazy self to get off my tush and do something!!

Laura said...

1. I remember this table.
2. I have one similar.
3. I love what you did to it! I may try to do the same...

Hope you guys are doing well.

Alice said...

LOVE IT!!! Did the wall vinyl go on? I'd love to see it!!!

Stephanie said...

i love them they look so good

Sada said...

I LOVE it! I think it looks perfect! I seriously need a project -- you girls are too creative!

Kim said...

I love it!!! The whole set looks fantastic!!!

Hillary said...

Oh my goodness! It looks fabulous with your red kitchen!!! I think the distressing looks great. Can't wait to see what is next.

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

You could have a new career! Beautiful! Hm...so if Kris has a high-tech sprayer he could take off the cabinet doors and repaint 'em for you. An inexpensive facelift!

Kimba said...

I love it! And the distressing looks great. Not too much at all! Boy, I think I need to get me one of those power sprayers! My husband keeps talking about getting an air compressor. He's trying to get me to go along with the idea by promising a power painter with it. Hmmmmmmm...Maybe not such a bad idea!

Joy said...

Oh I love furniture with a fresh coat of black paint and a little distressing. Great Job! And the wall that inspired you looks great too.
If the distressing bothers you, it might be from the color contrast. You can tone it down a bit by going over the distressed areas with a little stain in a brownish tone. It will soften the areas and make it look more like a natural distressing--like they've been around for years.

Jennifer said...

Love that! And I have wanted to paint my kitchen red since forever!!! I am so jealous :o) It looks great together!

Shannon said...

I think the distressing is perfect! This looks great!!!

LeeAnn said...

Hey, thanks for the nice comments on my blog! I am loving this table and chairs! I am begging my husband to paint our dining room set black. He isn't having it. LOL
Adding your blog to my list!!!

Gretchen said...

I LOVE it!!!

A whole new, beautiful room!

Kristen said...

Love it! The set looks so nice!