Friday, July 4, 2008

We are off........

Well, we are oficially off and running!!! We are planting a new church nearby in Midway. Kris has had a burden for many months now to open an abandon chuch that has been vacant for many years. So after MUCH prayer, thought and now many opened doors....we begin working for the Lord. What a scary thing, but exciting at the same time! The questions and critisizing may come, but we must remember our main concern is that the PEOPLE come! Not necessarily numbers, but those searching to find the love of our awesome and mighty God. I am so excited about our mission.....our goal is to reach unchurched people in our area and make church a casual, comfortable, welcoming and warm place. We will welcome anyone in uniform that has to work at the nearby prisons and will have a Cafe 21 to fellowhip with donuts and coffee before worship service. Our services will be fun and yet prayerfully led by what God has laid on Kris' heart. We are currently searching for a music leader.......we are currently cleaning the church and are preparing to paint. It is going to be a bit Pottery Barn looking. That is a fun part......but many painting days ahead. So anyone who wants to help.......(hee hee... I know) give me a hollar!

21 Fellowhip is our name and the above logo is not final.....but we like it alot. The 1 in 21 may changed a bit to resemble a 1 rather than a t. Many things are to come like garage sales and paraking lot parties! I know all or most of my readers know about this plan, but I kindly ask for your prayers on the journey.

Check us out at the website on the sidebar. (I havent mastered the link in a post yet.)

7 comments:

Sheree said...

Where is this? I am in Midway..we need some FELLOWSHIP girl? Tell me where this is? I miss you! I am soooo excited for you!

ko said...

Wow~ That is awesome! :) I am so glad! We are ready to help..Just let us knowPLEASE the days you will be painting or whatever and we will come~
Wy dont we come over after Tennis Tuesday morning~! I can help you get everything ready!!!
Spend the night and come home on Wednesday!
lov eyou and miss you.....and what size does mads wear?

Sada said...

Oh my gosh !! I'm so excited. I LOVE the logo -- I love the "t" -- it's a cross! I am so excited. What a great journey. Be true to the calling -- GOD is in control!

Jennifer said...

aw...Lacy that is so great! Where in Midway? We have been looking for a great church and since the in laws live in Midway....it would be wonderful! Love Ya!

Kim said...

That is awesome!!

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

what a gigantic undertaking! i admire your energy and loyalty. we surely shall be sending intentional prayers your way

MamaBird said...

It is so awesome that Kris and you are taking this step and faithfully going where God is leading you. My prayers are with you and I look forward to visiting the church sometime when we are in Mville.