Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hope for me....Mt. Hope that is




Ok, I say I am not a blog stalker, but I am reconsitering that thought.......maybe a little.......Heidi @Mt. Hope Chronicles is truely the best. I have been working on getting some inspiration for my home and trying to add a bit of pizazz. So I found this circle collage on Mt. Hope and fell head over heals. I did not think mine would be near as cute and probably not flow color wise.......well i finally did it and I love it. I broke my camera and so my replacement is not so super clear, but it is a camera right? So the color is not near as good as in person. I am making some accessories to comeplete the look. More to come later. This was a great, easy project. Thanks Heidi. If you haven't met Heidi yet go there........to http://mthopeacademy.blogspot.com/ or link to her on my side bar.


P.s. Someone please help...how do I say ......Heidi and link to here name?????? Like in this post....I couldnt figure out how to make her name a link. Any suggestions....I see it all the time. Thanks.

19 comments:

Sada said...

absolutely adorable!! I miss you so much -- I'm about to just come to M'ville -- bunco or not!

Anonymous said...

I think that turned out fantastic. Love the colors.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the sweet comment. I took me a while to figure out the linking process but after I figured it out I felt a little silly. You are supposed to highlight the name on your post and then click the link button and paste the link there. Hope that works.

Blanca

Anonymous said...

Cut idea and nice job.. Nice to meet you. I found you on Blanca's blog!... Susie h~

Deb said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I have to tell you I love what you did for your daughter's bday party. Cute idea, I may need to steal.

As for the vinyl, I found it at Walmart and it is the Cricut brand. It comes in brown, black and white. They have it at Hobby Lobby as well, but it was more expensive. You might want to try to find some transfer tape to use with the vinyl. You can do it without it but it is not easy... at all.

Can't wait to see more ideas.

Erica said...

I love the colors and patterns, very cute! Nice job!

ko said...

good job! that looks awesome!!!!

Chris said...

Hi there! I LOVE the circle project! Can you explain it to me? I'm not clear on what it is or how it's attached. As for the link, highlight her name in your text, push "Control" + "Shift" + "A" at the same time, and it will have a window come up where you copy and paste her address. If you want to link to a specific post of hers, you need to go to that actual post and copy and paste that. This sounds confusing, but it is easy. Love your blog!

Nicol said...

Love it! I might have to do one myself!

teresa said...

That looks great, Lacey! I'm lovin' all this craftiness go around!

Sandel said...

Looks great, how fun. We will have to have a craft date soon.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

WOW, Lacy, it looks GREAT! I kept seeing your name on many of the blogs I have browsed, so I am stopping by for the first time and loving it. Your black table looks unbelievable. I don't think it looks too distressed. Are you enjoying it now that you have "lived" with it for a bit?

Jennifer said...

Oh I love that thing! I may just have to make one. I am behind on checking blogs. I've been at my sister's in Jewett- until Saturday.

And I haven't forgotten about you! I still have not cut those things off the greenery yet...too busy! But I cannot seem to put the arrangement together and make it look as good as you did. I did about 50 times and said to heck with it!! But I still want to see the iron thingy. I think I will love that. Hopefully one day next week I will make it to mville and we can meet up.
Are you coming to the shower? I hope so....I need a little more creative inspiration! Talk to you soon :o)

Shannon said...

So cute!! I love those colors! I'll go check her out...

Emily said...

I love that, it turned out great. I would love to make one of these for my bathroom wall. We are going to paint chocolate brown in there, and I needed some color inspiration on the wall to break it up!

Anonymous said...

Im so glad you are still with after seeing all of those ick things.... Till next room, Susie H~

Heidi said...

It turned out great, Lacy! I love the colors and patterns you chose. It is such a fun project because it is easy and every one turns out different. Thanks for sharing the finished product!

And thanks for the kind words. *blush*

Hillary said...

Oh Lacy this looks great! We have been out of town so I am behind on all my blogs. I love your words above your tv...can't wait to see it all in person. You are doing an awesome job. Keep sharing!

MamaBird said...

I LOVE this idea you made it look great! In fact, I really wanted to make one, but Hobby Lobby was completely out of EVERY paper that I wanted. :(

Serendipity said...

I'm a little crazy over this idea...I've seen it done with paper butterflies...but I REALLY love the circles...
Yours turned out great...really great!